Get Out The Vote for Your Favorite
Flip & Give Charity Finalist!
While construction continues at the ‘Flip & Give’ house in Shandon, we’ve been reviewing the more than 100 charity nominations you submitted. All of them fulfill critical and important needs in our community. Choosing five finalists was no easy task, and we wish we could help every single one. Each of the five charity finalists will receive something, but the winner gets the biggest share of the profits. Watch the video and view a few key points below:
• The winner will be determined by the number of votes received.
• Share this web site with your friends, and ask them to vote! Vote as many times as you’d like!
• Voting closes January 31.
• We will announce the winner at a news conference early next year.
• Unlike past votes for the home’s design, we’ve chosen not to show the vote totals along the way so as to keep it a surprise for the winning charity. We will reveal vote total percentages at the final announcement.
The 5 Charity Finalists:
Achieve Columbia is a non-profit helping to mitigate the effects of childhood trauma and build resiliency so that kids have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. We begin with 7th grade students who have demonstrated academic potential, but also face risk factors that threaten success. From there, we focus on long term support that encourages personal growth and resiliency.
The Midlands Fatherhood Coalition is here to help because we care about fathers and their families. The Midlands Fatherhood Coalition is the only non-profit with more than ten years of experience in the Midlands whose sole mission is to help fathers overcome the barriers to being a responsible and involved father.
The Therapy Place provides physical, occupational and speech therapies for children with special needs and developmental delays. Our vision from the start has been to see that all children with special needs will have every opportunity to pursue their goals, realize their dreams and reach their full potential.
CAST YOUR BALLOT HERE: